Classroom Management – Online Professional Development Course
This 3-credit online course for teachers will show you how to successfully manage your classroom, using restorative justice techniques.
LAUSD Course Code: NA-09-11
Brandman University Course Code: EDCU 9919
Do you want to create a classroom environment in which all students can learn and student’s attitudes and behaviors support, not sabotage, your teaching? Would you love to have school administrators, members of the your school community, and students’ families support your classroom management efforts? If so, then you’ll love this online course on classroom management, using restorative justice practices.
Restorative justice in education – in which traditional approaches to discipline are replaced with “mediation” that’s focused on repairing, not exacerbating rifts – might seem like an unattainable ideal. But restorative justice, when applied correctly, can be far more than just a “buzz word” or a substitute for warnings, punishments, and suspensions.
In this online professional development course, you’ll learn about effective classroom management, including:
- your role in ensuring fairness and equity in your classroom
- preemptive practices for classroom management
- optimal decision-making in responding to problematic student behavior
- ways to ensure affirmation of all students, while repairing relationship rifts
- tips for engaging students in the classroom
- strategies for addressing student disengagement
- ideas for group work that can aid in classroom management
- recommendations for how to work with administrators and students’ families
In this online professional development course, you’ll learn effective classroom management, using restorative justice practices that help ensure positive behavior and promote fairness and equity.
Number of Professional Development Credits / Salary Points
Teachers throughout California and the U.S. can earn 3 professional development credits by completing this online course or 3 graduate level credits (awarded through Brandman University in Irvine, California). This course is also worth 3 salary points awarded by the LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified School District), depending on the credit type you choose.
This course is designed for all types of Pre-K through 12th grade teachers, including: early childhood education teachers, elementary school teachers, middle school teachers, high school teachers, special education teachers, staff, and administrators.
NA-09-11 is the LAUSD course code for Classroom Management, which you’ll need to use to get credit for salary points from the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD).
Here’s additional information about the Classroom Management online professional development course:
- This course is 100% online – the coursework and interaction.
- You’ll have six months to complete all of your coursework from the date that you purchase this online course. If you’re enrolled in three or more 3-credit online courses simultaneously, upon request, you’ll be allowed one year to complete the course.
- Once you’ve successfully completed the Classroom Management course, you’ll earn 3 LAUSD salary points, 3 professional development credits, or 3 graduate-level professional development credits.
If you have any questions about the Classroom Management course, or any of our other professional development online courses, please email [email protected].
If you’re interested in Classroom Management, you might also like these related online courses:
- Creating A Conducive Learning Environment Through Building Healthy Relationships (3 credits / LAUSD Salary Points)
- Closing Gaps In Education And Achievement (3 credits / LAUSD Salary Points)
- Formative Assessments To Heighten Engagement, Guide Instruction, And Improve Learning (1 credit / LAUSD Salary Point)
- Personalizing Learning (3 credits / LAUSD Salary Points)
Disclaimer: This online professional development class has been approved by the LAUSD and UTLA Joint Salary Point Credit Committee. Please note, however, that the LAUSD does not endorse this online class provider over any other.