Making the Most of Distance Learning – NEW Online Professional Development Course
UMass Global University Course Code: EDRU 9994
Many teachers and students are faced with exceptional challenges as together they try to succeed in the teaching and learning process online. While distance learning has high potential for success, it also poses extreme risk of loss of learning. To succeed, students’ various creative, social, emotional and developmental needs must be sufficiently met.
Those needs include:
- Building an environment of mutual respect and rapport among all attendees in an online space
- Providing adequate social engagement
- Integrating exercise and movement
- Promoting creative expression
- Having fun through games and other means
- Maintaining a high sense of meaningfulness of content and practices in the learning process
Learning also improves as families are included and involved in educational activities, and when teachers are supported with a community of fellow teachers.
This course addresses each of these areas, with best practices that remedy various difficulties as well as enhance the capabilities and opportunities presented by online learning.
Number of Professional Development Credits / Salary Points
Teachers throughout California and the U.S. can earn 2 professional development credits by completing this online course or 2 graduate level credits (awarded through University of Massachusetts Global, formerly known as Brandman University). This course is also worth 2 salary points awarded by the LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified School District), depending on the credit type you choose.
This course is designed for all types of Pre-K through 12th grade teachers, including: early childhood education teachers, elementary school teachers, middle school teachers, high school teachers, special education teachers, staff, and administrators.
Here’s additional information about the Making the Most of Distance Learning online professional development course:
- This course is 100% online – the coursework and interaction.
- You’ll have six months to complete all of your coursework from the date that you purchase this online course.
- Once you’ve successfully completed the Making the Most of Distance Learning course, you’ll earn 2 LAUSD salary points, 2 professional development credits, or 2 graduate-level professional development credits.
If you have any questions about the Making the Most of Distance Learning course, or any of our other professional development online courses, please email email@example.com.
Disclaimer: This online professional development class has been approved by the LAUSD and UTLA Joint Salary Point Credit Committee. Please note, however, that the LAUSD does not endorse this online class provider over any other.