Education for Equity Terms of Service
Welcome to Education For Equity!
Thanks for using our products and services (“Services”). The Services are provided by Education For Equity, LLC (“Education For Equity”), located at 11100 Montana Ave. #1, Los Angeles CA 90049. Our security policies are listed at the end of the terms of agreement.
By using our Services, you are agreeing to these terms. Please read them carefully.
Our Services are very diverse, so sometimes additional terms or product requirements (including age requirements) may apply. Additional terms will be available with the relevant Services, and those additional terms become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services.
Education For Equity and/or any other names of Education For Equity or its Web sites, publications, products, content or services referenced herein or on the Site are the exclusive trademarks or servicemarks of Education For Equity, including the “look” and “feel” of the Site, Education For Equity’s color combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements. Any use of Education For Equity’s trademarks is strictly prohibited without the express permission from Education For Equity. Other product and company names mentioned in the Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
USE OF SITE
YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE INTERNET. Education For Equity PROVIDES THE SITE AND RELATED INFORMATION “AS IS” AND DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE, ANY MERCHANDISE INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY, AND Education For Equity SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COST OR DAMAGE ARISING EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY SUCH TRANSACTION. IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, ADVICE, SERVICES, MERCHANDISE AND OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY. YOU UNDERSTAND FURTHER THAT THE INTERNET CONTAINS UNEDITED MATERIALS SOME OF WHICH ARE SEXUALLY EXPLICIT OR MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO YOU. YOU ACCESS SUCH MATERIALS AT YOUR RISK. Education For Equity HAS NO CONTROL OVER AND ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR SUCH MATERIALS. ALSO, IN THE EVENT THAT A DISTRICT NO LONGER PROVIDES SALARY POINTS, P-CREDITS, OR ANY OTHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT POINTS OR CREDITS THROUGH Education For Equity, Education For Equity WILL NOT REFUND ANY CLASSES PURCHASED. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY OF ENSURING THAT YOUR SCHOOL DISTRICT APPROVES COURSES TAKEN THROUGH Education For Equity AND Education For Equity CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE OR REFUND YOU IF YOUR DISTRICT DOES NOT GIVE YOU YOUR DESIRED CREDITS, SALARY POINTS, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT POINTS THAT YOU NEED. PROMOTIONAL CODES MAY ONLY BE USED ONE PER ORDER. IF A DISTRICT DISCONTINUES ITS RELATIONSHIP WITH EDUCATION VENDORS LIKE Education For Equity, THEN WE WILL HELP YOU GET UNIVERSITY CREDIT. WE CANNOT, HOWEVER, WORK TO GET YOU THE DISTRICT-APPROVED CREDITS OR POINTS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL Education For Equity BE LIABLE FOR (I) ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, OR ANY INFORMATION, OR TRANSACTIONS PROVIDED ON THE SERVICE, OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SERVICE, OR ANY DELAY OF SUCH INFORMATION OR SERVICE. EVEN IF Education For Equity OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (II) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SERVICE AND/OR MATERIALS OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE SERVICE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, Education For Equity’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Since Education For Equity specializes in providing the lowest priced courses for educators around the world, to keep our prices low, we must adhere to a strict policy regarding refunds. We will honor your refund if you make your request within 3 days of the purchase. When a refund is made, we must ask staff to work on your request. Since this costs money, you will be refunded all but $50 per course. After the 3 days or if you have made progress on any of the courses by opening one of the courses, you cannot get a refund on your course.
Course Enrollment Policies
You have 6 months to finish a course from the time of purchase, unless it is a course that specifies a term or deadline or otherwise it is a package product that allows for extended enrollment. If a participant buys a course for a specific term that course is offered, enrollment expires at the end of that term.
Participants who are concurrently enrolled in three or more 3-salary point courses with Education for Equity are allowed a complimentary one year enrollment period from the time of purchase (in place of the 6 months, not in addition to the 6 months). 1-salary point and 2-salary point courses do not apply towards the complimentary one year enrollment period. Participants taking three or more 3-salary point courses have one year to complete their courses. Please email email@example.com if you need more information about this option, or if you are concurrently enrolled in 3 or more courses and have not received notification of this extension.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be unenrolled from the course. If participants do not finish the course within 6 months of purchasing the course (or the complimentary one year enrollment period), for an additional $100, they can purchase a 2-month Course Extension Credit. Course Extension Credits are purchasable on the Education for Equity website. This price applies per course, not per purchase or order. Extension credits will be processed within a week of purchase once the mandatory form is filled out and the extended enrollment will not begin until course access is regained.
Course Completion Policies
Successful completion of a course is signaled by the following requirements:
- All course activities must be marked complete, including the final survey form at the end of the course.
- You must receive a final, cumulative score of 70% or above.
- A completed attendance Tracking Worksheet must be approved by the instructor.
- The total time reported on the Tracking Worksheet must meet the district minimum AND satisfy Education4Equity’s Minimum Time Policy.
Pertaining to #1, the Course Completion Survey is a required activity and serves as your official completion. Participants are responsible to account for time needed for grading, revisions, and any further review by the instructor in order to reach the survey form before enrollment expires.
Pertaining to #2, the instructor or compliance auditor has the right and discretion to require re-submission or redoing of any course activity if activity is deemed insufficient or if a passing score is not achieved.
Pertaining to #4, Education4Equity’s Minimum Time Policy states:
6-weeks policy for 3-credit courses
The start and end dates recorded on your attendance Tracking Worksheet must span a minimum of 6 weeks between the date you began the course and the date you submitted your final Tracking Worksheet. Beginning a course is equal to when you purchased and enrolled in the course.
4-weeks policy for 2-credit courses
The start and end dates recorded on your attendance Tracking Worksheet must span a minimum of 4 weeks between the date you began the course and the date you submitted your final Tracking Worksheet. Beginning a course is equal to when you purchased and enrolled in the course.
2-weeks policy for 1-credit courses
The start and end dates recorded on your attendance Tracking Worksheet must span a minimum of 2 weeks between the date you began the course and the date you submitted your final Tracking Worksheet. Beginning a course is equal to when you purchased and enrolled in the course.
No information, format, style of instruction, or content from Education For Equity’s courses may be reproduced in any format. Embedded videos are used from publicly available sites – but all Education For Equity courseware is solely the property of Education For Equity.
Using our Services
You must follow any policies made available to you within the Services.
Don’t misuse our Services. For example, don’t interfere with our Services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. You may use our Services only as permitted by law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access. You may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Services. Don’t remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
Our Services display some content that is not Education For Equity’s. This content is the sole responsibility of the entity that makes it available. We may review content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies, and we may remove or refuse to display content that we reasonably believe violates our policies or the law. But that does not necessarily mean that we review content, so please don’t assume that we do.
In connection with your use of the Services, we may send you service announcements, administrative messages, and other information. You may opt out of some of those communications.
Some of our Services are available on mobile devices. Do not use such Services in a way that distracts you and prevents you from obeying traffic or safety laws.
Your Education For Equity Account
You may need a Education For Equity Account in order to use some of our Services. You may create your own Education For Equity Account, or your Education For Equity Account may be assigned to you by an administrator, such as your employer or educational institution. If you are using a Education For Equity Account assigned to you by an administrator, different or additional terms may apply and your administrator may be able to access or disable your account.
To protect your Education For Equity Account, keep your password confidential. You are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your Education For Equity Account. Try not to reuse your Education For Equity Account password on third-party applications. If you learn of any unauthorized use of your password or Education For Equity Account, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy and Copyright Protection
Education For Equity’s privacy policies – listed at the end explain how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy when you use our Services. By using our Services, you agree that Education For Equity can use such data in accordance with our privacy policies.
We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat infringers according to the process set out in the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
We provide information to help copyright holders manage their intellectual property online. If you think somebody is violating your copyrights and want to notify us, email email@example.com.
Your Content in our Services
Some of our Services allow you to upload, submit, store, send or receive content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.
When you upload, submit, store, send or receive content to or through our Services, you give Education For Equity (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services (for example, for a business listing you have added to Education For Equity Maps). Some Services may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been provided to that Service. Also, in some of our Services, there are terms or settings that narrow the scope of our use of the content submitted in those Services. Make sure you have the necessary rights to grant us this license for any content that you submit to our Services.
Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection. This analysis occurs as the content is sent, received, and when it is stored.
If you have a Education For Equity Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on Education For Equity or on third-party applications connected to your Education For Equity Account (such as +1’s, reviews you write and comments you post) in our Services, including displaying in ads and other commercial contexts. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your Education For Equity Account. For example, you can choose your settings so your name and photo do not appear in an ad.
About Software in our Services
When a Service requires or includes downloadable software, this software may update automatically on your device once a new version or feature is available. Some Services may let you adjust your automatic update settings.
Education For Equity gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software provided to you by Education For Equity as part of the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by Education For Equity, in the manner permitted by these terms. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission.
Open source software is important to us. Some software used in our Services may be offered under an open source license that we will make available to you. There may be provisions in the open source license that expressly override some of these terms.
Modifying and Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether.
You can stop using our Services at any time, although we’ll be sorry to see you go. Education For Equity may also stop providing Services to you, or add or create new limits to our Services at any time.
We believe that you own your data and preserving your access to such data is important. If we discontinue a Service, where reasonably possible, we will give you reasonable advance notice and a chance to get information out of that Service.
Our Warranties and Disclaimers
We provide our Services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we don’t promise about our Services.
OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS, NEITHER Education For Equity NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS IS”.
SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES.
Liability for our Services
WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, Education For Equity, AND Education For Equity’S SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF Education For Equity, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN).
IN ALL CASES, Education For Equity, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
Business uses of our Services
If you are using our Services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms. It will hold harmless and indemnify Education For Equity and its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees.
About these Terms
We may modify these terms or any additional terms that apply to a Service to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services. You should look at the terms regularly. We’ll post notice of modifications to these terms on this page. We’ll post notice of modified additional terms in the applicable Service. Changes will not apply retroactively and will become effective no sooner than fourteen days after they are posted. However, changes addressing new functions for a Service or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you do not agree to the modified terms for a Service, you should discontinue your use of that Service.
If there is a conflict between these terms and the additional terms, the additional terms will control for that conflict.
These terms control the relationship between Education For Equity and you. They do not create any third party beneficiary rights.
If you do not comply with these terms, and we don’t take action right away, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms.
The laws of California, U.S.A., excluding California’s conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services. All claims arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Los Angeles County, California, USA, and you and Education For Equity consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones and to protect Education For Equity and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
We may use the name you provide for your Education For Equity Profile across all of the services we offer that require a Education For Equity Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Education For Equity Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Education For Equity Profile information, such as your name and photo.
If you have a Education For Equity Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on Education For Equity or on third-party applications connected to your Education For Equity Account (such as +1’s, reviews you write and comments you post) in our services, including displaying in ads and other commercial contexts.
When you contact Education For Equity, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags and the overall quality of our services. One of the products we use to do this on our own services is Education For Equity Analytics. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive categories such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other Education For Equity services. We will not combine DoubleClick cookie information with personally identifiable information unless we have your opt-in consent.
Education For Equity processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
You may set your browser to block all cookies to avoid any information of your traversing the Education For Equity site being used to offer up ads to you – which Education For Equity reserves the right to do in order to provide high quality service and communication to you. By using our site, you agree to allow Education For Equity to use information from your visit to our site.
- Section 2 User Content.We streamlined information concerning the handling and use of content provided by you or others in connection with the Sites. In some cases additional terms will apply to portions of the Sites that collect user content.
(B) Changes to Terms of Service. Education For Equity may modify the Terms of Service, or any part thereof, or add or remove terms at any time, and such modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon posting. Your use of the Site after such posting shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such modifications, additions or deletions.
(C) Changes to Site. Education For Equity may change or discontinue any aspect, service or feature of the Site at any time, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
- User Content and Conduct; Community Guidelines
The following terms apply to content submitted by users, and user conduct, on the Site’s Interactive Areas, including Education For Equity web pages:
(A) Interactive Areas. The Site may contain comments sections, discussion forums, or other interactive features, including Education For Equity web pages, Education For Equity’s user-generated news community (“Interactive Areas”) in which you may post or upload user-generated content, including but not limited to web pages, comments, video, photos, messages, other materials or items (collectively, “User Content”). You are solely responsible for your use of any Interactive Areas and you use them at your own risk. Interactive Areas are available for individuals aged 13 years or older. By submitting User Content to an Interactive Area, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older and, if you are under the age of 18, you either are an emancipated minor, or have obtained the legal consent of your parent or legal guardian to enter into these Terms of Service, submit content, participate on the Site, and fulfill the obligations set forth in these Terms of Service, which forms a binding contract between you and Education For Equity. Employees of Cable News Network, Inc. may not submit User Content without permission from their supervisors.
(B) Community Guidelines. By submitting any User Content or participating in an Interactive Area within or in connection with the Site, you agree to abide by the following rules of conduct:
- You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that:
- violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others.
- you know to be false, misleading or inaccurate.
- contains blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, racially or ethnically offensive content, hate speech, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity.
- contains or advocates pornography or sexually explicit content, pedophilia, incest, bestiality, or that is otherwise obscene or lewd.
- violates any law or advocates or provides instruction on dangerous, illegal, or predatory acts, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- advocates violent behavior.
- poses a reasonable threat to personal or public safety.
- contains violent images of killing or physical abuse that appear to have been captured solely, or principally, for exploitive, prurient, or gratuitous purposes.
- is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right. The burden of determining that any User Content is not protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission. Any person determined by Education For Equity, in its sole discretion, to have violated the intellectual property or other rights of others shall be barred from submitting or posting any further material on the Site.
- does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any Interactive Area.
- contains any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials with respect to products or services, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
- You agree not to engage in activity that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability.
- You agree that if necessary, you have the consent of each and every identifiable natural person in any submission to use such persons name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Site.
- You agree that any person who appears in your submission who is a current member of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG), the American Federation of Television and Radio Actors (AFTRA) or any other rights society is not entitled to compensation by Education For Equity.
- You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, Education For Equity or any Education For Equity employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- You agree not to represent or suggest, directly or indirectly, Education For Equity’s endorsement of User Content.
- You agree not to interfere with any other user’s right to privacy, including by harvesting or collecting personally-identifiable information about the Site users or posting private information about a third party.
- You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content, software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component.
- You agree not to interfere with or disrupt the Site or the servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the Site, use the Site, or access to the Site.
- You agree not to use any service, technology or automated system to artificially inflate the page views that your User Content receives. This includes pay-per-click services, web “robots” and any other current or future technologies. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
- You agree not to use any technology, service or automated system to post more User Content than an individual could upload in a given period of time. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
Any conduct that in Education For Equity’s sole discretion restricts or inhibits anyone else from using or enjoying the Site will not be permitted. Education For Equity reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or edit User Content by you and to terminate Your Account for any reason.
Education For Equity does not vouch for the accuracy or credibility of any User Content, and does not take any responsibility or assume any liability for any actions you may take as a result of reading User Content posted on the Site. Through your use of Interactive Areas, you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, objectionable, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. There may also be risks of dealing with underage persons, people acting under false pretense, international trade issues and foreign nationals. By using Interactive Areas, you assume all associated risks.
The decision by Education For Equity to monitor and/or modify User Content does not constitute nor shall it be deemed to constitute any responsibility or liability in any manner on the part of Education For Equity in connection with or arising from use by you of Interactive Areas on the Site.
(D) License to User Content. By submitting User Content to the Site, you automatically grant Education For Equity and its parent company, Cable News Network, Inc., the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license, but not the obligation, to use, publish, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute, sub-license and otherwise exploit such User Content (in whole or in part) worldwide in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such User Content, without payment to you or to any third parties.
You agree and acknowledge that any web pages you submit may be entered into the annual web pages blogs or Education For Equity pages. You represent and warrant to Education For Equity that you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to Education For Equity the license provided for herein, that you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the User Content you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license and that neither the User Content nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall violate these Terms of Service, or infringe upon any rights, including the right of privacy or right of publicity, constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, or cause injury to, any person or entity. You further grant Education For Equity the right, but not the obligation, to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or Education For Equity’s rights in the User Content by a breach of these Terms of Service.
(E) Moral Rights. If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the User Content, you hereby declare that (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the User Content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the User Content by Education For Equity or its licensees, successors and assigns; (c) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the User Content; and (d) you forever release Education For Equity, and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against Education For Equity by virtue of any such moral rights. You also permit any other user to access, view, store or reproduce the User Content for that user’s personal use.
(F) No Obligation. User Content submitted by you will be considered non-confidential and Education For Equity is under no obligation to treat such User Content as proprietary information. Without limiting the foregoing, Education For Equity reserves the right to use any User Content as it deems appropriate, including, without limitation, deleting, editing, modifying, rejecting, or refusing to post it. Education For Equity is under no obligation to edit, delete or otherwise modify User Content once it has been submitted to Education For Equity. Education For Equity shall have no duty to attribute authorship of User Content to you, and shall not be obligated to enforce any form of attribution by third parties.
- Copyright Ownership.
The Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of the Site are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. Education For Equity owns copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. You may download copyrighted material for your personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of Education For Equity and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
- Third Party Content.
Education For Equity is a distributor (and not a publisher or creator) of content supplied by third parties and users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers or users of the Site, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of Education For Equity. Neither Education For Equity nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. (Refer to Section 6 below for the complete provisions governing limitation of liabilities and disclaimers of warranty.)
In many instances, the content available through the Site represents the opinions and judgments of the respective user or information provider not under contract with Education For Equity. Education For Equity neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Site by any third party. Under no circumstances will Education For Equity be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused by your use or reliance on information obtained through the Site. Education For Equity is not responsible for any actions or inaction on your part based on the information that is presented on the Site. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Site. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice or other content.
- Advertisements and Promotions.
Education For Equity may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Site. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than Education For Equity, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. Education For Equity is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of third-party advertisers on the Site.
- Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
(A) YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER Education For Equity, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, ITS OTHER AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE.
(B) THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DOWNLOADABLE SOFTWARE, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
(C) THE SITE MAY OFFER HEALTH, FITNESS, NUTRITIONAL AND OTHER SUCH INFORMATION, BUT SUCH INFORMATION IS DESIGNED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE DOES NOT AND IS NOT INTENDED TO CONVEY MEDICAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. Education For Equity IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS OR INACTION ON A USER’S PART BASED ON THE INFORMATION THAT IS PRESENTED IN THE SITE.
(D) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL TURNER, OR ITS PRESENT OR FUTURE PARENTS OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER AND/OR DEVICE OR TECHNOLOGY FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR FOR ANY FORM OF DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES BASED ON ANY CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE SITE OR ANY ALLEGED FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, OR DELAY IN SERVICE, OPERATION, OR TRANSMISSION OF THE SITES, OR ANY ALLEGED COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, AND/OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF OR POSTING OF ANY RECORD, CONTENT, OR TECHNOLOGY, PERTAINING TO OR ON THE SITES. YOU AGREE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHEHER SUCH ALLEGATIONS ARE FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR FALL UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED AND EVEN IF TURNER OR ITS PRESENT OR FUTURE PARENTS OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FORGEOING, YOU ALSO SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TURNER AND/OR ITS PRESENT OR FUTURE PARENTS AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL OR ALLEGED DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OF THE SITES OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES.
IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
(G) Education For Equity disclaims any and all liability of any kind for any unauthorized access to or use of your personally identifiable information. By accessing the Site, you acknowledge and agree to Education For Equity’s disclaimer of any such liability. If you do not agree, you should not access or use the Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Education For Equity, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the use of the Site by you or your Account. Education For Equity reserves the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide Education For Equity with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by Education For Equity.
Education For Equity may terminate or suspend these Terms of Service at any time without notice to you. Without limiting the foregoing, Education For Equity shall have the right to immediately terminate Your Account in the event of any conduct by you which Education For Equity, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by you of these Terms of Service. The provisions of Sections 1 — 13 shall survive termination of these Terms of Service.
Education For Equity, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, own all rights to their logos and trademarks used in connection with the Site. All other logos and trademarks appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
- Governing Law.
The content, data, video, and all other material and features on the Site are presented for the purpose of providing entertainment, news and/or information and/or promoting programs, films, music, games, and other products and/or services that are or may become available in the United States, its territories, possessions, and protectorates.
Any and all disputes, claims and controversies arising out of or in connection with your access to, and/or use of the Sites, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Sites shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws and decisions of the State of New York applicable to contracts made, entered into and performed entirely therein, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions.
- Disputes/Arbitration. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY — IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT.
In the event of a dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or in connection with your access to, and/or use of the Site, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Site, Education For Equity or you must give the other notice of the dispute, claim, or controversy which notice will include a brief written statement that sets forth the name, address, and contact information of the party giving it, the facts giving rise to the dispute, claim, or controversy and the relief requested. You must send any such notice to Education For Equity by email to firstname.lastname@example.org AND by U.S. Mail to Copyright Agent, Legal Department, One Education For Equity Center, Atlanta, GA 30303-2762. To the extent that Education For Equity has your contact information, it will send any such notice to you by U.S. Mail, or otherwise to your email address. Education For Equity and you will attempt to resolve any dispute, claim, or controversy through informal negotiation within thirty (30) days from the date that any notice of dispute, claim, or controversy is sent. Education For Equity and you shall use reasonable, good faith, efforts to settle any dispute, claim, or controversy through consultation and good faith negotiations. After 30 days, Education For Equity or you may resort to the other alternatives described in this Section. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the notice and 30 day negotiation period required by this paragraph shall not apply, however, to disputes, claims, or controversies concerning patents, copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, and trade secrets and claims of piracy or unauthorized use of the Sites.
For residents outside the United States, arbitration shall be initiated in New York, New York, and Education For Equity and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of any state or federal court in New York, New York to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
If your claim is solely for monetary relief of $10,000 or less, and does not include a request for any type of equitable remedy, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely based on documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing under the AAA Rules.
You may choose to pursue your claim in small claims court where jurisdiction and venue over Education For Equity and you otherwise qualifies for such small claims court and where your claim does not include a request for any type of equitable relief.
If any clause within these arbitration provisions is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that specific clause will be severed from these arbitration provisions, and the remainder of the arbitration provisions will be given full force and effect. In the event some or all of these arbitration provisions are determined to be unenforceable for any reason, or if a claim, dispute or controversy is brought that is found by a court to be excluded from the scope of these arbitration provisions, Education For Equity and you agree to waive, to the fullest extent allowed by law, any trial by jury.
The terms of these arbitration provisions will also apply to any claims asserted by you against any present or future parent or affiliated company of Education For Equity to the extent that any such claims arise out of your access to, and/or use of the Site, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Site.
- Class Action Waiver. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY — IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the disputes, claims or controversies will not be subject to arbitration and must be litigated in federal court located in New York, New York.
The terms of this provision will also apply to any claims asserted by you against any parent or affiliated company of Education For Equity to the extent that any such claims arise out of your access to, and/or use of the Site, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Site.
Neither Education For Equity nor you shall be liable for damages or for delays or failures in performance resulting from acts or occurrences beyond their reasonable control, including, without limitation: fire, lightning, explosion, power surge or failure, water, acts of God, war, terrorism, revolution, civil commotion or acts of civil or military authorities or public enemies: any law, order, regulation, ordinance, or requirement of any government or legal body or any representative of any such government or legal body; or labor unrest, including without limitation, strikes, slowdowns, picketing, or boycotts; inability to secure raw materials, transportation facilities, fuel or energy shortages, or acts or omissions of other common carriers.
- Copyrights and Copyright Agent.
Education For Equity respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, Education For Equity has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users and account holders who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Education For Equity’s Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Added details of our Education For Equity Privacy Statement
The Information We Collect
- Information You Provide To Us.At some Services, you can register, order products, enter contests, vote in polls or otherwise express an opinion, subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters or text message alerts, or participate in one of our online forums or communities. In the course of these various offerings, we often seek to collect from you various forms of information, such as: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and credit card information.
At some Services, you may also be able to submit Information about other people. For example, you might submit a person’s name and e-mail address to send an electronic greeting card and, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient’s name and address. This Information may include, for instance, a recipient’s name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- Information That is Passively or Automatically Collected.We, and our “Partners” who include Education For Equity Affiliates, third party service providers, advertisers, advertising platforms and platforms, agencies, and distribution or other partners may use automated means to collect various types of Information about you, your computer or other device used to access our Services. A representative, non-exhaustive list of the types of automatically collected information may include: platform or Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T) and domains used by such providers, mobile platform, device identifiers (such as an Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising ID), device settings, browser settings, the web pages of the Services you have visited, Services visited before and after you visit a Service, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the Service (e.g., iOS, Android), location information, and the content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on. Please see our Section titled Cookies, and Other User and Ad-Targeting Technologies for more information about how the foregoing Information may be collected and used.
- Geo-location Information.If you are accessing a Service from a mobile device or through a mobile application, you may be asked to share your precise (GPS level) geo-location information with us so we can customize your experience on our Services or on other Services, when we work with a Partner such as a third party mobile ad platform. If you agree to such collection, in most cases, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device and/or through the settings in the applicable mobile application.
When we interact with you through our content on third party websites, applications, integrations or platforms, we may obtain any information regarding your interaction with that content, such as content you have viewed, your game performance, high scores, and information about advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on.
How We Use the Information
We, along with our Partners, may use the Information to:
- provide and communicate with you about the Services or your account with us,
- fulfill your requests regarding the Services, including without limitation requests for newsletters and notifications,
- respond to your inquiries, and notify you if you have won a contest,
- communicate with you about other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you,
- enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of our Services, and/or for the purposes for which you provided the Information,
- provide technical support for the Services,
- prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement) on or through the Services,
- protect the safety of our Users,
- customize or personalize ads, offers and content made available to you based on your visits to and/or usage of the Services or other online or mobile websites, applications, platforms or services, and analyze the performance of those ads, offers and content, as well as your interaction with them,
- perform analysis regarding how you use the Services or any part thereof,
- send gifts, cards, invitations or emails if you use these services, to your designated recipients.
When you provide information from your social media account, it can help enable us to do things like (1) give you exclusive content, (2) personalize your online experience with us within and outside our Services, (3) contact you through the social media service or directly by sending you the latest news, special offerings, and rewards, and (4) enable you to share your experience and content via social media services. When you provide information about yourself to us through an application, through our Services, or on social media services or other third party platforms, it may be publicly viewed by other members of these services and we cannot prevent further use of the information by third parties.
We or a Partner may use “cookies” or similar technologies to associate certain of the Information with a unique identifier that then associates the Information with your device or browser.
Sometimes, we may associate cookies with the Information, including de-identified, “hashed,” or anonymous versions of Information you have provided (such as during registration), in order to send or help our Partners send ads and offers based on your presumed interests or demographic information.
III. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose the Information as follows:
- To service providers or Partners that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill orders and user requests; (f) handle payments; (g) host our Services, forums and online communities; (h) administer contests; (i) maintain databases; (j) send or support online or mobile advertising; and (k) otherwise support our Services.
- In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency’s request or similar request.
- We may transfer some or all of your Information if we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets, or if a substantial portion of our or of a business unit’s assets is sold or merged in this way.
- We may share the Information with Education For Equity Affiliates, so they can provide, improve and communicate with you about their own, or their marketing partners’ products and services.
- We may share the Information with unaffiliated Partners and third parties (e.g., our third party service providers, advertisers, advertising platforms and platforms, agencies, other marketers, magazine publishers, retailers, participatory databases, and non-profit organizations) that wish to market products or services to you.
- Cookies and Other User and Ad-Targeting Technologies.
- Syncing Cookies and Identifiers. We may work with our Partners (for instance, third party ad platforms) to synchronize unique, anonymous identifiers (such as those associated with cookies) in order to match our Partners’ uniquely coded user identifiers to our own. We may do this, for instance, to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device, and thus enable us or others to send ads that are more relevant, match Users to their likely product interests, or better synchronize, cap, or optimize advertising.
- Locally Stored Objects. Services on the Education For Equity Platform may employ locally stored objects (“LSOs”) and other client side storage tracking technologies in certain situations where they help to provide a better user experience, such as to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies, or in order to target or help our Partners target ads, analyze ad performance, or perform user, website or market analytics. For LSOs utilized by Adobe Flash you can access Flash management tools from Adobe’s website. In addition, some, but not all browsers, provide the ability to remove LSOs, sometimes within cookie and privacy settings.
- Disabling Cookies
We may work with certain third-party companies that use techniques other than HTTP cookies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect and record information about your web surfing activity, including those integrated with our Services. Please keep in mind that your web browser may not permit you to block the use of these techniques, and those browser settings that block conventional cookies may have no effect on such techniques. To learn more about Interest-Based Advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising by those third parties that are members of DAA’s opt-out program, please go to http://www.aboutads.info.
- Web Beacons. We and our Partners may also use “web beacons” or clear GIFs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a Service or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a Service or email. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that Service. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
- Mobile Device Identifiers and SDKs.
We also sometimes use, or partner with publishers, publisher-facing, or app developer platforms that use mobile Software Development Kits (“SDKs”), or use an SDK with a mobile app that we offer, to collect Information, such as mobile identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), and Information connected to how mobile devices interact with our Services and those using our Services. A mobile SDK is the mobile app version of a web beacon (see “Web Beacons” above). The SDK is a bit of computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services or analytics to be performed. We may use this technology to deliver or help our Partners deliver certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device. If you’d like to opt-out from having ads tailored to you in this way on your mobile device, please follow the instructions in the “Your Ad Choices” section below.
By visiting the Service, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, and agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the Service through the technologies described above, as well as similar technologies developed in the future, and that we may use such tracking technologies in the emails we send to you.
Our unaffiliated Partners and third parties may themselves set and access their own tracking technologies when you visit our Services and they may have access to information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites or applications when you use the Service. Their use of such tracking technologies is not in our control and is subject to their own privacy policies.
- Your Ad Choices
Advertising enables us to provide the rich content for which Services on the Education For Equity Platform are known, and to provide much of this content free of cost to our Users. Thus, we strive to provide you with ads that are relevant to you and for products you may want.
However, we also offer you choices with regard to interest-based ads.
You may also find more information about entities involved in online advertising and additional choices you may make through the Platform Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) at the NAI Service, and the Digital Advertising Alliance (the “DAA”) at the DAA consumer choice Service. Education For Equity is a participant in the online industry’s self-regulatory program administered by the DAA and has agreed to adhere to the DAA’s principles applicable to interest-based ads.
The tools provided on the Ad Choices page, as well as the DAA opt-out page and theNAI opt-out page are provided by third parties, not Education For Equity. Education For Equity does not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
When using a mobile application you may receive tailored in-application advertisements. Depending on your device, you may be able to reset your mobile device’s advertising identifier at any time by accessing the privacy settings on your mobile device. In addition, each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices, provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact (or review the applicable privacy web page of) the applicable platform operator.
Other Important Information About Your Privacy
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
At this time Services on the Education For Equity Platform do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
- Linked Services
Some of the Services contain links to or integrations with other services such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media services and platforms whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult these other services’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
- International Transfer
- Data Security
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the Information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the Information that we collect and store.
- How You Can Access or Correct Information
Access to certain personal Information that is collected from our Services and that we maintain may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our Service, you can access that account to review the Information you provided.
You may also send an e-mail or letter to the following e-mail or street address requesting access to or correction of your personal Information. Please include your registration information for such service such as first name, last name and e-mail address in the request. We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account.
- How to Contact Us/Opting Out of Marketing Communications
- California Residents — Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the business’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.