If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write.
– Martin Luther
Every student has a voice, and through this course, students’ voices can be better heard through their creative writing and the publishing thereof. This course supports educators to apply creative writing principles to foster student creative thinking, writing skills, and presentation tool usage across disciplines. Participants will learn pedagogical approaches for a variety of creative writing genres – including personal narrative, fiction, poetry, journals and blogging – as well as how to incorporate digital media into creative writing lesson planning and how to use online resources effectively.
All work and interaction is online.
- Fee for Ashland University credits NOT included in price. Link will be provided after purchase on how to pay for credits.
- Participants have 6 months to complete all coursework.
- The recommended pace is to finish one lesson per week for 10 weeks
- Audience: Pre-K through 12th grade educators, staff & administrators
- Final product includes a written or presentation proposal
- Email us at [email protected] if you need assistance or have questions.
Teacher comment: “I never knew creative writing could be so fun, engaging, therapeutic, and eye-opening. This class taught me to love my own creativity and awakened me to techniques of how to help students find their personal creative voice through writing” (5 Stars).