Dismantling Racism – Online Professional Development Course
This 3-credit online course addresses a desperate need in our society. This course aims to empower and equip educators to fight and dismantle racism – inside and out. Race and racism are defined, along with the seriousness of the implications and consequences of racism within the classrooms and education.
LAUSD Course Code: NA-14-239
UMass Global Course Code: EDDU 9387
This course covers topics related to:
- What is “Race” and Why Do We Need to Talk About It?
- What is Racism, and What Can We Do About It?
- What Are Whiteness, White Privilege, and White Fragility and Why Do They Matter?
- What is Culturally Responsive Teaching?
- What is the Mindset and Skillset of a Culturally Responsive Teacher?
- What Can I Do to Dismantle Racism?
Number of Professional Development Credits / Salary Points
Teachers throughout California and the U.S. can earn 3 professional development credits by completing this online course or 3 graduate level credits (awarded through University of Massachusetts Global, formerly known as Brandman University). This course is also worth 3 salary points awarded by the LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified School District), depending on the credit type you choose.
This course is designed for all types of Pre-K through 12th grade teachers, including: early childhood education teachers, elementary school teachers, middle school teachers, high school teachers, special education teachers, staff, and administrators.
NA-14-239 is the LAUSD course code for Dismantling Racism, which you’ll need to use to get credit for salary points from the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD).
Here’s additional information about the Dismantling Racism online professional development course:
- This course is 100% online – the coursework and interaction.
- You’ll have six months to complete all of your coursework from the date that you purchase this online course. If you’re enrolled in three or more 3-credit online courses simultaneously, upon request, you’ll be allowed one year to complete the course.
- Once you’ve successfully completed the Dismantling Racism course, you’ll earn 3 LAUSD salary points, 3 professional development credits, or 3 graduate-level professional development credits.
If you have any questions about the Dismantling Racism course, or any of our other professional development online courses, please email [email protected].
If you’re interested in Dismantling Racism, you might also like these related online courses:
- Creating A Conducive Learning Environment Through Building Healthy Relationships (3 credits / LAUSD Salary Points)
- Closing Gaps In Education And Achievement (3 credits / LAUSD Salary Points)
- Personalizing Learning (3 credits / LAUSD Salary Points)
Disclaimer: This online professional development class has been approved by the LAUSD and UTLA Joint Salary Point Credit Committee. Please note, however, that the LAUSD does not endorse this online class provider over any other.