Emotional Intelligence – Online Professional Development CourseThis 3-credit online course addresses the emotional health of our students and how to teach in such a way that fosters emotional intelligence and well-being for improved relationships and learning. Emotions are vital information for us and our students to learn to manage, and are inextricably involved in the learning process. Click Here to View Syllabus LAUSD Course Code NA-08-13 UMass Global University Course Code: EDDU 9839
Course DescriptionThis course covers 10 main topics related to emotions in the context of learning:
1) The Neuroscience of Emotions 2) Emotions and Physical Health 3) Emotional Well-being for SOCIAL Health 4) Emotional Well-being and Learning 5) Lowering Students Affective Filter for Maximized Learning 6) Creating an Environment and Inner State within Students Conducive to Learning (R-U-L-E-R Emotions) 7) Heightening our Students’ “Emotional Quotient” (EQ) 8) Fostering Emotional Agility and Resiliency 9) Applying R-U-L-E-R of Emotions to Ourselves in the Teaching Profession 10) Building Capacity as a School for Emotional Health & Emotional IntelligenceNumber of Professional Development Credits / Salary Points Teachers throughout California and the U.S. can earn 3 professional development credits by completing this online course or 3 graduate level credits (awarded through University of Massachusetts Global, formerly known as Brandman University). This course is also worth 3 salary points awarded by the LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified School District), depending on the credit type you choose. Target Audience This course is designed for all types of Pre-K through 12th grade teachers, including: early childhood education teachers, elementary school teachers, middle school teachers, high school teachers, special education teachers, staff, and administrators. NA-08-13 is the LAUSD course code for Emotional Intelligence, which you’ll need to use to get credit for salary points from the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD). Additional Information/Questions Here’s additional information about the Emotional Intelligence online professional development course:
- This course is 100% online – the coursework and interaction.
- You’ll have six months to complete all of your coursework from the date that you purchase this online course. If you’re enrolled in three or more 3-credit online courses simultaneously, upon request, you’ll be allowed one year to complete the course.
- Once you’ve successfully completed the Emotional Intelligence course, you’ll earn 3 LAUSD salary points, 3 professional development credits, or 3 graduate-level professional development credits.
- Creating A Conducive Learning Environment Through Building Healthy Relationships (3 credits / LAUSD Salary Points)
- Closing Gaps In Education And Achievement (3 credits / LAUSD Salary Points)
- Formative Assessments To Heighten Engagement, Guide Instruction, And Improve Learning (1 credit / LAUSD Salary Point)
- Personalizing Learning (3 credits / LAUSD Salary Points)